The Dawson Building
Vancouver Public Library, Special Collections: #20381
Date: October 2, 1917
Photographer / Studio: Dominion Photo Co.
Content: The northwest corner of Hastings and Main Streets with streetcars going by and a policeman standing in the middle of the intersection. Dr. T.G. Moody, Dentist and Surgeon at corner. The Dawson Building was later renamed the Ford Building.
The Dominion Photo Company
Percy Bentley and John Fawcett founded the Dominion Photograph Company in Vancouver in 1914 specializing in commercial/industrial photography and portraiture. Photographs from the company range from the early 1910s to the 1960s and they document the amazing growth of the city of Vancouver during this period. The earliest photographs (1914-1926) are in glass plate format and a portion of these are now available online.